Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Room Makeover #1

I was busy painting, painting, painting and decorating the boys rooms over the Christmas break and I promised I would post some pictures when all was said and done.
This is Alex's room.
His football hero is Adrian Peterson-who played at Oklahoma-and is now a running back for the Minnesota Vikings. Too bad Adrian wasn't drafted by the Dallas Cowboys, or New England Patriots or ANY team with better colors......but actually the wall color is really growing on me...it's bright, but so cheery....I wish the pictures had come out a little clearer...oh well...you get the gist............................


This is a shot from the entryway
and the opposite corner




I guess people in Minnesota call Adrian "Purple Jesus" because he is supposed to be their Savior....We (Oklahoma fans) call him A.D.---A.D is the nickname his Dad gave him. It stands for "All Day" because his family said he could run all day.
Alex's initials are actually A.D.---so he would love for us to call him that...but it hasn't caught on yet...☺ Much to his chagrin
Here is Alex's desk

and here is his bed....we are going to get him a full size bed eventually. That is why his duvet looks a little weird....it's a full size duvet on a twin size bed....

This is right above the doorway to his room...he sees it every day as he leaves his room....we have talked about all the other "meanings" for this saying.....things that pertain to life and not just sports!


liz

19 comments:

Tina said...

Oh wow! That turned out great! I wish I had a room that cool when I was growing up. Great job.

More Than Words said...

OH..looks good!! It also reminds me of the Lakers colors! Great job!

Stacy said...

His room looks great!!! I think we are gonna re do my boys rooms!

Lisa said...

THAT ROOM LOOKS AWESOME!! I love the picture above the bed and the giant life size sticker of him running. WAY COOL.

kim said...

the room looks so great! I bet Alex is so excited about how it turned out. Would love to see before/afters but I'm guessing that since you just moved to OK the walls were builder beige ;)

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot...BOOMER SOONER! Micah is going to the game, and I am a tad bit regretting my decision not to go!

Mel said...

LOVE it! Very nice job Mom!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the room. I also have four boys and I'm always looking for creative and cool things for their rooms. If you don't mind sharing, could you please e-mail me where you were able to obtain the poster above the bed. I love it!
Thanks!
Melissa@clemsontigers.com

http://thestanton6.blogspot.com/

Elyse said...

WOW...what a mom :) You did a fabulous job :)
~Elyse~

Dell5 said...

Found your blog from MckMama's. My hubby loves the Vikings! I can't wait to show him your son's room. It's sooo cool!!

He & Me + 3 said...

LOve Love Love it. You can come over & paint my kids rooms anytime. I think you have a talent for decorating! Awesome job!

Mrs. Valente said...

Oh my gosh, that is the coolest room ever!

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks great! I bet he is in "A.D." heaven! : )

Shauna said...

Awesome! Thanks for your sweet comments and friendship! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Susie said...

Those are FANTASTIC!!! Great makeovers!

heidi said...

OMGosh you are the coolest mom EVER! Come do MY room!!!

4funboys said...

WHAT a great room...

Maggie said...

Love this room too!! Wow, you did an amazing job - makes me want to go fix up my boys' rooms!!! I love those fatheads - do they go on and 'stick' as good as the commercials say?

Admin said...

What boys want
Boys will be boys, no matter what the age. And, if they have their own bedroom, they just want to decide what goes where. Never mind the books and bags strewn around but give them choice of special bedding and they'll love you for it. Whether it's blankets with photos of their sports stars or pillowcases with photos of their school buddies, boys just know what to choose. Don't get jittery if they even choose tennis stars or their girlfriends' photos to adorn their bedcovers. But it's not just about photos of people close to your son's heart, boys love to splash their bed decor with sports paraphernalia like footballs and racquets. Giving boys the chance to design their own bedding would even bring out their creative site that often does not develop in the rough tumble day of a typical boy on the block. If you're a mommy or daddy, you can even give special boys' bedclothes to your son on his birthday and have him use it with great joy throughout the year. You will of course have the bear with the sudden increase in the number of your son's friends sleeping over. Don't be surprised either if other parents call you up and ask you how you did up your son's bedroom. Children also need plenty of guidance when it comes to life. Nothing like printing quotations or good thoughts on blankets and sheets to help your little sonny grow up with confidence and realise that being nice is the done thing.
http://visionbedding.com

Anonymous said...

Hey! Best idea, but will this really work?